The Vote Rigging debate...

Go down

The Vote Rigging debate...

Post by NeonNocturnal on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:57 pm

Having read this article (x), I think this needs to be discussed among our fandom.

Do you believe these issues are happening?
Who is guilty, and what has gone on?
Should these participants be punished?
How do we sort this hot ass mess out?

DISCUSS!!!
NeonNocturnal
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vote Rigging debate...

Post by CaledonianBlues on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:10 am

'Hot ass mess' is right. I don't even know where you'd begin in investigating it, but I get the impression that the EBU are turning a rather blind eye..

To be honest, I don't see why Azerbaijan feel the need to cheat - they invariably have a really good song, they wouldn't struggle without bought votes.. would they?
CaledonianBlues

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonNocturnal on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:55 am

I think this has been going on for years with other countries. Azerbaijan just isn't subtle at all about it.
Saying that, it isn't right and I find the fact that the EBU clearly knows this is going on without doing anything is disgusting.
Not to be a Drama Llama, but this is ruining the reputation of a brand that has millions of dedicated fans. It's like egg in the face for us that the EBU doesn't act on this.

I'm really hoping there are some rule changes afoot regarding the voting procedure, because poor Denmark will be overlooked because of voting controversies committed. Which IS going to happen if nothing is done.
NeonNocturnal
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:41 am

Is it true the EBU are launching an investigation? The stories have made papers around the world.
maddog
Admin

View user profile http://themaddogprincess.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonNocturnal on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:45 am

The EBU have been "investigating" since that video appeared in Lithuania on the day of the Final. The story has just seen a resurgence because of the new anonymous person reporting they had been offered money to vote for 3 different countries. The papers have probably reported it as big news because it's no longer Summer (when a lot of events have to be covered) and it's another chance to sneer at "evil Europe". Definitely the case in the UK anyway.
NeonNocturnal
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkchiffon on Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:18 am

If it gets swept under the carpet until next year's contest, I'm expecting something egregious and impossible to ignore to happen, maybe something that results in an action as extreme as revoking someone's final position.

That, or everyone involved has been scared by almost being found out, and will just be sneakier about it next time. Yeah, I guess that's more likely.
pinkchiffon
Admin

View user profile http://shipmewithshipsi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonNocturnal on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:29 am

People will be looking for evidence this time. I think the best thing the EBU could do is set up mole Juries. So that hard proof can be found. Then again this requires the EBU wanting to actively find these issues. We all know the EBU would rather have the money trickling in than punish those breaking the rules.
NeonNocturnal
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down